Super Duper Easy Cheesecake Recipe.
Do you crave a rich, New York style cheesecake? Then you won’t be disappointed with this easy Instant Pot Cheesecake recipe. Prep is simple and it’s done in a flash. The hardest part is waiting until it’s chilled!
Keto/Low Carb Option?
Yes, you can indulge if you’re on a Keto/Low Carb diet! I’ve been eating the Keto way for close to three years and sometimes I eat this for breakfast. Shhhh.
The sugar substitute that I use is Steviva. It’s an Erythritol and Stevia blend and it tastes the most like traditional sugar, in my opinion. I’ve taste tested it with a lot of people. The feedback has been very positive.
What About Crust? I Love the Crust.
Well, I’m with you here. What’s the point of an amazing cheesecake without an equally amazing crust? I’m happy to tell you that I can’t taste a difference between the instant pot crust and a traditional oven bake.
I use Coconut oil to oil my pan and parchment paper. You could use butter but it will brown more than the coconut oil. A cooking spray could also be used.
I’ll give you two choices. The first one is a traditional Graham Cracker crust. The Keto/Low carb crust is made with Almond flour and it’s truly just as delicious.
What Toppings Should I Choose?
I just love the creamy, rich vanilla cheesecake on it’s own. But the sky is the limit for toppings. Around here, our favorite topping is fresh berries, especially when they’re in season locally. Add chocolate, caramel, nuts, whipped cream, lemon curd, fruit or fruit preserves. You really can’t go wrong.
What Kind of Pan Do I Use?
Any six inch Springform pan will work. I found a Fat Daddio’s pan at Homegoods and loooove it! You can check it out here. I own several Springform pans in different sizes. I wouldn’t mind switching them all to this brand because it’s very sturdy and bakes evenly.
What Do I Do with Leftovers?
On the off chance that you end up with leftovers, the cake can stay in the refrigerator for several days. If you want to keep it longer, go ahead and put it in the freezer. I like to freeze it first on a cookie sheet and then put it in a container or bag. This way, you shouldn’t have problems with it sticking. Slicing it first is another option.
But don’t come crying to me when you’re standing over your freezer, eating frozen cheesecake out of a bag like it’s ice cream! (It’s actually good that way too, so I hear.)
How to Make Easy Instant Pot Cheesecake with Keto/Low Carb Option
Easy Instant Pot Cheesecake with Keto/Low Carb Option
- 2 eggs room temp
- 2- 8 oz cream cheese room temp
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 cup sour cream warm
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
For the Crust:
- In a bowl, add the melted butter to the graham cracker crumbs and set aside.
- Place a piece of parchment paper to cover the bottom of the pan. Place springform on the parchment and lock it into place. Trim off excess parchment.
Grease sides and bottom of the pan with coconut oil (including the parchment paper)
- Press the crust mixture to the bottom of springform pan.
For the Filling:
- Mix together cream cheese and sugar until smooth, around 3 minutes with an electric mixer.
- Add eggs and whip until smooth - around 2 minutes.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Pour mixture into the springform pan and spread evenly.
Instant Pot Directions:
- Add 1 cup of water to Instant Pot. Push saute' button and bring to boil. (about 2-3 minutes). Leave the metal wire rack in the pot (that came with your Instant Pot) so the springform pan will rest on top of it.
- Take a piece of foil and make a 8 inch wide by 2 foot long sling so you can easily place the pan in the pot and also cover the top of the cake while it's cooking. Turn off the saute' option, and place the cake into the pot, using the foil as handles. Fold the foil over the top of the springform pan to cover it.
- Cook the cake on normal high pressure for 35 minutes. After 35 minutes cook time, leave the cake in the pot to cool down for 20 additional minutes. Remove from pot and set aside. (You may want to use the corner of a paper towel to dab up any slight moisture that may have accumulated).
- While the cheesecake is cooking, warm up the 1/2 cup of sour cream and 2 tbsp of sugar on the stovetop until the sugar is just dissolved. (we're just trying to warm it up a bit, not cook it).
- Add the warmed sour cream mixture to the top of the just removed cheesecake. Turn on oven to low broil and place the cake under it until it just starts to thicken. Do not brown the top.
- Remove from the oven, let it cool for 30 minutes, then pop it in the fridge uncovered for at least 12 hours. Run a knife around edge of cake before releasing from pan. Add choice of toppings.
Keto/Low carb option
- Sugar can be substituted with your favorite granulated sugar substitute. I use Steviva which is 1:1 with sugar. So in this recipe, use 1/2 cup.
- Substitute graham cracker crumbs with 1 cup almond flour and 4 tbsp of Steviva. Mix with the melted butter and press into the bottom of the pan.